Lucas Sanchez is a young and talented American guitarist, singer, and composer based out of the San Francisco Bay Area. When he picked up a guitar at the age of 9, he never stopped. Motivated by his parents, Lucas attended the California Jazz Conservancy in Berkeley where he acquired a diverse understanding of music and guitar, through different genres such as swing, bop, jazz fusion, Brazilian music, funk, and blues. These experiences led him to pick up his own style for guitar playing and singing. According to Lucas, he doesn’t really see his music as one specific genre.
We met the Wente Winery in Livermore. His band was playing and so were the 49ers, so the house was on fire. As usually happens, I found myself speaking to the folks around us who happened to be Lucas’parents. A moment later, Lucas was playing Brazilian music much to the delight of my 4 Brazilian guests. We all walked in as strangers but came out with hugs.
Fast forward a few months and Lucas is now releasing his first album. I had a chance to speak to him about the process and his inspirations. You can listen to the live performance and interview below. On the album you will find 6 songs.
- You don’t know what you don’t know - a fusion of rock and funk that might have you inspired to try new foods.
- Moonlight Tango - a rock song with a lot of guitar solos that speaks about the search for something deep.
- Dreaming - a groovy rock/pop song that would perfect for a drive along the coast on hwy 1.
- Howling at the Moon - when the luau was created, this is the tune they had in mind - a swinging soft rock tune will have everyone looking at the sky.
- Wind - an infectious funky tune with guitar solos that will have you grooving !
- When Are You Coming Home? - a ballad to wrap things up making you believe that the weekend is here.
Please support Lucas and buy the CD on his website at https://lucassanchezmusic.com/store